Do you know why massage for business executives is so important?
Well, for one thing…your employees will thank you. Massage for business executives and managers benefits everyone.
Massage therapy is still often thought of as a luxury activity or something you splurge on while taking a cruise. However, a therapeutic massage (versus a relaxation massage) is one of the best ways to combat stress and fatigue.
Most executives and managers deal with a certain amount of stress because managing people can be hard. There are also some very positive and compelling reasons for massage for business executives. Read this short list of reasons for why executives and managers should incorporate massage therapy into their regular self-care regime–and then a book a massage today!
1. Massage for executives helps with creativity.
There is no better way to come up with new ideas and problems solving techniques than to recharge one’s batteries. Sometimes you need to take a step back from a situation, relax, and get your mind off of it, in order to find the solution. This is why some of our best ideas happen in the shower or when we are least expecting it. A massage is proactive way to clear your mind and make space available for all the creative thinking that is just waiting to happen.
2. Massage relieves pain.
Working in an office, sitting at a desk for long periods of time, and ignoring the signs of stress can lead to back and shoulder pain.
The Mayo clinic also reports that massage helps with:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Joint pain
Massage has also been known to help with high blood pressure, which is often an issue in high stress jobs and tends to creep up as we get older.
3. Massage helps you sleep better.
Let’s face it–we could all use better sleep. Although we all know that we need 8 hours of sleep every night, many people still try to get by with 6-7 hours, and often even less. At the same time, we’ve seen an increase in health problems like obesity, heart issues due to stress, and chronic fatigue. We trudge through our days, and drink quantities of caffeine in an effort to just function at minimum levels.
Better quality sleep leads to:
- Physical energy
- Mental alertness
- Appetite control
- Healthy immune system
- Ability to combat stress
Even if you aren’t experiencing high levels of stress or pain, increased quality of sleep can do wonders for your outlook.
4. Massage can boost your immune system.
Hopefully you generally like your coworkers and employees, but that doesn’t mean you want to share their illnesses with them. Office environments with closed windows and circulating air make sharing germs a lot easier. You can use all the defenses you can get to combat contracting even a common cold–which will drag you down and decrease productivity. Another great reason for massage for business executives is to boost your immune system.
5. Massage can help increase your productivity.
If you feel good you are able to perform better. If you add regular massage to your schedule you are guaranteeing you are doing something for yourself that will also benefit your career and those around you. Why would you pass that up? For an added bonus you can offer a corporate wellness benefit to your employees with chair massage.
Benefits of Chair Massage
- Reduces the physical and mental effects of stress, helping reduce burnout and stress-related disease
- Reduces the adverse effects of sitting for long periods of time in the same position, such as at a desk or other workstation.
- Relives physical problems associated with repetitive tasks, for example, computer work, sorting, filing, and assembly line tasks.
- Improves alertness and the ability to focus, an antidote for work slumps
- Helps relieve common problem conditions such as tension headaches and stiff and sore muscles.
- Increases employee morale
- Leaves employees feeling revitalized and ready to return to work.
This type of massage is very popular with employers and employees for several reasons:
- You feel better right away with immediate positive effects
- It requires no effort on the part of the receiver
- It is an easy health practice to take advantage of
- It complements other wellness programs
- It works for everybody, from the corporate office to the warehouse to the mail room
Need more convincing?
Can’t you just feel your muscles relaxing, your breath deepening, and a calm setting over your mind?
At All Body Kneads, we specialize in helping you feel your best so you can do your best. Give us a call today at 517-898-2899 or schedule an appointment online.
You can also email for an appointment or with any questions at [email protected].