The quarantine has disrupted so many things in our lives. Now that a few weeks have gone by, you might be really feeling the effects of missing your regular massages. People get massages for a variety of reasons, including relaxation and stress relief, improved sleep quality, injuries and healing, chronic pain and more.
Regardless of why you get massage or how often, you are probably feeling the absence of your regular massage treatments. We’ve created this guide to help you get through this time until you can visit your massage therapist again. We miss our clients too and can’t wait to see you again!
If you have any questions or want more ideas, please email us and we will get back to you quickly! [email protected]
Before you try out any of these suggestions, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Even though your regular massage appointment may be an hour or more, you only need to massage yourself for a few minutes on each area.
- For best results, massage each problem area at least 2x a day
- Isolate the general area where you feel pain and gently explore until you find the specific spot that is especially painful.
- Start by applying light pressure and build up to more pressure. Don’t applying too much pressure so that it is extremely painful. Gradually work your way up.
- After massage, gently stretch out the area
- Drink lots of water throughout the day