All Body Kneads is excited to announce we are now offering steam sauna treatments. We have our own Steamy Wonder portable steam sauna. Add a steam sauna treatment to your massage. You don’t even have to leave the massage table. Stay comfortable and enjoy.
During the treatment, your head remains outside allowing the lymphatic system and organs to heal themselves.
Health Benefits of a Steam Sauna
Steam therapy has been used for thousands of years to help improve health and beauty. You may have heard of (or experienced) Turkish baths, sweat lodges, saunas, steam rooms, or other forms of steam treatment.
The many health benefits of steam sauna include:
- Reduced joint and muscle pain
- Arthritis relief
- Fibromyalgia relief
- Weight loss: A moderately conditioned person can easily sweat off 500 grams of sweat in a sauna-the equivalent of running three to four miles or 475 to 600 calories. While the weight of the water loss is regained by re-hydration, the calories burned are not.
- Lymphatic drainage
- Post chemotherapy therapy
- Improved skin: hydration, and reduces acne and wrinkles
- Reduced stress
- Improved breathing: Steam inhalation is an effective treatment in respiratory conditions and is highly recommended for the treatment of sinusitis, bronchitis, allergies, and asthma.
- Detoxification: Regular sweating can help detoxify your body as it rids itself of an accumulation of carcinogenic metals (lead, mercury, zinc, nickel, and cadmium) as well as alcohol, nicotine, sodium, sulfuric acid, and cholesterol.
- Improved Circulation & Reduces Inflammation: Steam therapy assists in alleviating inflammation and edema. The increased peripheral circulation provides the transport needed to help eliminate the edema which helps to end inflammation, decrease pain, and help speed the healing process.
- Improved immune system: Traditionally, the benefits of steaming include increased energy, decreased incidence of infections, and fewer colds and flu. Many regular steam or sauna bathers have experienced that a good long sweat bath at the early onset of a cold or flu can help ward off the disease before it manifests as actual symptoms.
Ready to book your steam sauna treatment?
Contact All Body Kneads by phone or book an appointment online here.
Business Phone (517) 898-2899
6910 South Cedar Street, Suite #4
Lansing, MI 48911-6912
Leave a Reply