Chair Massage is a Good Investment for a Healthy Business
Chair Massage is a great addition to any wellness program.
A growing number of businesses are providing wellness programs in the workplace. Naturally, employees who are healthy and manage their stress are more productive on the job.
Stress is one of the biggest reasons for illness and lost time at work. By being proactive toward battling stress and achieving optimum physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being, businesses can help their employees and their bottom line.
Prevention is an essential part of wellness – catching potential problems before they cause disease or disability. Workplace wellness programs have been found to cut down on worker’s compensation claims and reduce time-off for employee illness and injury.
On-site chair massage is a convenient, safe, and cost-effective addition to any workplace wellness plan. It helps boost employee morale, and provides valuable health benefits too. All sizes and kinds of businesses from small offices to large companies can benefit from on-site chair massage services.
Workplace Stress and Health Problems
Some of the most serious and costly health problems in the workplace include:
- high levels of stress
- physical problems associated with sitting at workstations for long periods of time
- repetitive use injuries
High stress is associated with many diseases and has been found to impair the immune system, leaving workers more vulnerable to illness.
Employers lose money because of:
- lower productivity
- lost work days
- worker’s compensation claims
- other health care expenses
Chair Massage Can Help Reduce Workplace Stress
Massage has been in use for a long time and has been proven to reduce the effects of stress and relieve muscular aches and pains.
It is now available in a more convenient form, the chair massage, which can be brought right into the work site. It is fast becoming a popular addition to workplace wellness programs as more employers recognize the benefits.
Benefits of Chair Massage
- Reduces the physical and mental effects of stress, helping reduce burnout and stress-related disease
- Reduces the adverse effects of sitting for long periods of time in the same position, such as at a desk or other workstation.
- Relives physical problems associated with repetitive tasks, for example, computer work, sorting, filing, and assembly line tasks.
- Improves alertness and the ability to focus, an antidote for work slumps
- Helps relieve common problem conditions such as tension headaches and stiff and sore muscles.
- Increases employee morale
- Leaves employees feeling revitalized and ready to return to work.
This type of massage is very popular with employers and employees for several reasons:
- You feel better right away with immediate positive effects
- It requires no effort on the part of the receiver
- It is an easy health practice to take advantage of
- It complements other wellness programs
- It works for everybody, from the corporate office to the warehouse to the mail room
How Does On-site Chair Massage Work?
Chair massage can offer the benefits of massage in public places like the workplace. During a chair massage, the recipient is seated and fully clothed. The massage therapist uses techniques which can be given though clothing and the session focuses on:
- upper body
Sessions usually last 10-20 minutes, the length of a typical work break.
Additional things to know about chair massage:
- no oil is used
- addresses common problems of today’s workers
- can be given at the workstation or in any available small space
Onsite chair massage does not require a private room, but rather an out of the way quieter space like the corner of a conference room. The massage therapist will bring a special chair designed specifically for on-site chair massage.
Bringing On-site Chair massage to the Workplace
There are many options to bringing chair massage into the workplace wellness program. You will get the best results through regular sessions in an ongoing program. Chair massages can also be provided periodically for special occasions:
- Regular (weekly or monthly) on-site chair massage for all workers
- Special occasions such as holidays, birthdays, and national secretary’s day
- As a break during long training sessions or meetings
- As a reward for good work, reaching goals, or completing projects
- In times of special stress such as near-deadlines or during peak work periods
To get an on-site chair massage program started for your Lansing, Michigan area workplace, call All Body Kneads today at 517-898-2899.
Additional Contact information.
Source: Benefits of On-site Massage by Patricia J. Benjamin, PhD.