Healthy Skin Care Tips
With the Fall season in full swing, welcome to not only November but National Healthy Skin Month! The health and conditions of your skin are at risk all year long, not just tanning and bikini season. So here are some skin care tips and general advice to help keep your face as beautiful as possible.
One way that can make a world of difference is treating yourself to a facial. Facials have been proven to:
- reduce the impact of sun exposure, smoking and many other types of environmental hazards.
- reduce stress which in tandem prevents premature aging signs.
- help your general skin condition including the fact that they can help treat and prevent zits and other blemishes.
In fact, specialists agree most people should seek a minimum of 4 facials a year, basically as a rejuvenation process for every season with different conditions and temperatures.
National Healthy Skin Month
Dermatologists started National Healthy Skin Month as a way to inform people of the benefits of not only facials but skin care and moisturizes in general. You and your skin go through a lot every day and you both deserve a treat for yourself. So much can do gained from simply giving yourself a few minutes of rest, relaxation and treatment. Here are a few more tips to follow while receiving a facial:
- Moisturize as much as you can. Fall and winter air is dryer than you think.
- Apply sunscreen when being outside for prolonged periods of time. You heard me, the sun doesn’t leave during the other 6 months of the year.
- Protect your hands. Wear gloves so your hands don”t get exposed to too much.
- Pug in a humidifier. Again, winter air is dry as can be. Your skin will thank you later.
- Don’t take super hot baths. Seriously.
Call us for a facial today! 517-898-2899